Who published Crucial Conversations?
Who published Crucial Conversations?
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
|Author||Kerry Patterson Joseph Grenny Ron McMillan Al Switzler|
|Media type||Hardback & Paperback|
How do I get a crucial conversation book?
Make it safe to talk about almost anything. Be persuasive, not abrasive. Keep listening when others blow up or clam up. Turn crucial conversations into the action and results you want.
Is Crucial Conversations a good book?
5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, I highly recommend it. This is one of the best books I have read in learning new skills especially in communication. There are many things I loved about this book: Let’s start with the concept of conversations becoming crucial or heated.
What is the book Crucial Conversations about?
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High discusses how to handle disagreements and high-stakes communication. It is written on the premise that when you are stuck in any situation – whether it’s at home or work – there is a crucial conversation keeping you from accomplishing the desired results.
What are some examples of crucial conversations?
The authors share some examples of common crucial conversations:
- Ending a relationship.
- Talking to a coworker who behaves offensively or makes suggestive comments.
- Asking a friend to repay a loan.
- Giving the boss feedback about her behavior.
- Approaching a boss who is breaking his own safety or quality policies.
How much does Crucial Conversations training cost?
Course Fee: $299.00 POST Reimbursable Agencies: Tuition is $299.
What are the eight key principles of crucial conversations?
The eight principles of “crucial conversations” are:
- Get unstuck (identify the issue; discover what is holding you back)
- Start with heart (what do you want to accomplish)
- Learn to look (observe behaviors, address your stress)
- Make it safe (be respectful, be observant and non-threatening; use communication skills)
Why are conversations crucial?
Every day we engage in numerous conversations, each which play important roles in shaping our expectations, relationships, and outcomes. Navigating conversations effectively takes certain skills, such as social intelligence, courage, self-control, and even humility.
Why is conversation crucial?
How do you teach crucial conversations?
Steps needed to manage crucial conversations
- Approaching a crucial conversation – Start with yourself.
- Notice when safety is at risk.
- Make it safe to share.
- Master your stories – dealing with strong emotions.
- Speak honestly without offending.
- Explore others’ paths.
- Turning crucial conversations into actions.
How do you have a crucial conversation with someone?
If you’re unsure of how to best approach a crucial conversation, here are some tips to guide you:
- Be clear about the issue.
- Know your objective.
- Adopt a mindset of inquiry.
- Manage the emotions.
- Be comfortable with silence.
- Preserve the relationship.
- Be consistent.
- Develop your conflict resolution skills.
How long is Crucial Conversations training?
Crucial Conversations is a 16-hour copyrighted course (developed by VitalSmarts) that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics – at all levels of the university.
Who published Crucial Conversations? McGraw-Hill Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High First edition Author Kerry Patterson Joseph Grenny Ron McMillan Al Switzler Publisher McGraw-Hill Publication date 2002 Media type Hardback & Paperback How do I get a crucial conversation book? Make it safe to talk about almost anything. Be persuasive, not abrasive.…