The 7 Best Natural Treatment For Wrinkles
Wrinkles are a side effect of ageing. The process of ageing brings lines on everyone’s face at a different point in time. Body parts like face, hands, neck, and forearms that remain exposed in the sun are the parts that develop wrinkles the most. Wrinkles usually occur between the age of 40 to 50. It is during this time when the skin loses thickness as well as moisture. Although genetics is a major factor in causing wrinkles sun exposure remains the biggest cause, especially on people who have a lighter skin tone. Smoking and a poor diet also contribute to causing wrinkles.
OTC(over the counter) wrinkle creams that contain vitamin-A retinoids, collagen and antioxidants have the potential to reduce wrinkles and fine tone the skin. But before you take medical treatment, you might want to take a look at some of the natural wrinkle reduction treatment metaglow have listed here, some of which have scientific proof of being useful.
- Aloe vera: This plant has several healing properties. A study done in 2008 has found that taking a gel aloe supplement can drastically reduce the wrinkles in a matter of 90 days. Scientists also found that the application of aloe gel can significantly reduce wrinkles as well as add collagen and hydrate the skin.
- Banana mask: Natural oils and vitamins present in bananas boost skin health. The application of banana paste on the skin in the form of a thin layer for 15 to 20 minutes can significantly improve skin quality.
- Superfoods: Superfoods, this term is used for nutrient-rich foods. Scientists who studied the diet of elderly Dutch men and women found that these people have fewer wrinkles due to their healthy eating habits. They found that people who ate more fruits and vegetables as compared to people who ate meat and junk food had lesser wrinkles. The following superfoods have proved to be useful for reducing wrinkles:
- Chia seeds
- Egg whites
- Sweet potatoes
- Egg whites: There is a contribution of egg whites in improvement in the appearance of the skin but the membrane, thin layer that separates the whites and the shell are most effective. A study found that cream of egg white membrane had a significant effect on wrinkle reduction. It also increases collagen production. If you are allergic to eggs then this isn’t an option for you.
- Essential Oils: Small amounts of essential oils when mixed with a carrier oil may help in wrinkle reduction. The essential oils need to be diluted using the carrier oil to avoid skin irritation. Argan, clary sage, carrot seed, frankincense, grape seed, jojoba, rose, and rosemary is some of the essential oils which when mixed with a carrier oil can help in wrinkle reduction. For people who have a very sensitive skin should perform a patch test by mixing the essential oil with a carrier oil and apply it under your wrist and see if there is a reaction in the next 24 hours.
- Massage: A lot of people turn to massage for the reduction of wrinkles. Researchers say that handheld massage for the face with the help of a device can help in preventing wrinkles by improving protein circulation in the screen. It is said that a daily massage lasting 3 to 5 minutes can help with wrinkles and it also reduces stress which is also another factor causing wrinkles. You can give yourself a facial massage using your fingers on either side of your face to perform circular strokes.
- Olive oil: Researchers found that consumption of olive oil is very good for the skin, it protects the skin from developing wrinkles. Compounds found in the stems and leaves of Olive can increase collagen levels. Compared to a diet of meat, dairy and butter, a diet rich in olive oil will go a long way in protecting your skin.
So now you know the ways you can rejuvenate and vitalize your skin without the use of chemicals.
Wrinkles are a side effect of ageing. The process of ageing brings lines on everyone’s face at a different point in time. Body parts like face, hands, neck, and forearms that remain exposed in the sun are the parts that develop wrinkles the most. Wrinkles usually occur between the age of 40 to 50. It…