You solely get 150 characters to listing an exercise in your school app: how do you profit from them? Like this:
1. To slot in extra information: use lists, don’t use full sentences, minimize additional phrases.
As an alternative of: I raised cash to donate to a college in Ghana in Africa by promoting t-shirts and bracelets.
Strive: Organized promoting occasions, organized fundraisers, and gave shows in school conferences.
2. Use lively verbs to clarify what you really did–and listing your duties.
So as an alternative of: I labored at a clinic doing various things.
Strive: Organized affected person analysis notes, sterilized instruments for surgical procedures, assisted with x-ray evaluation.
See how that makes it sound such as you really had been concerned?
3. Use the current tense if it’s one thing you continue to do.
As an alternative of: I helped tour guests across the campus and introduced some data on college historical past and scholar life.
Strive: I give campus excursions, offering information on college historical past, scholar actions, boarding life.
4. Purpose for selection in your listing, ensuring your verbs aren’t redundant.
As an alternative of: Instructing, serving to, educating youngsters tennis (how are these three completely different?)
Strive: Instructing in correct method, whereas imparting classes in sportsmanship, well being and integrity.
5. State function and group identify in high field, so that you don’t waste characters within the decrease, 160 character field.
As an alternative of:
(high field) College newspaper
(description field) I’m the editor for the varsity newspaper (Don’t repeat phrases!)
(high field) Editor of Worldwide Column, College Newspaper
(description field) Accountable for brainstorming, revising, and supervising articles by different writers for my column.
Q: Hey, what concerning the UC utility actions listing?
A: You get 30 characters for the title and 160 characters for the outline. Use them (simply as) properly.